Business Litigation Lawyer
Effectively Resolving Business Disputes
Some disputes between people or businesses can be resolved by the parties, themselves. When your positions are too far apart, or when the dispute involves vital financial or strategic interests, assertive legal representation is necessary to protect your rights and interests.
Candice Fields Law, PC, in Sacramento, has represented individuals and businesses throughout central and Northern California in all types of commercial disputes. Attorney Candice Fields understands how to obtain a resolution on terms favorable to her clients. If it is necessary, however, she will litigate aggressively.
Having served business clients for many years, she is well-equipped to handle even the most complex and challenging civil litigation, including:
- Breach of contract disputes
- Disputes between officers, directors or shareholders
- Suits involving business torts
- Suits involving allegations of fraud
- Legal, accounting and fiduciary malpractice defense
- And other types of business litigation
Benefits To You Of Having A Strong Litigator On Our Side
Attorney Candice Fields will closely examine the facts of your dispute and the strengths and weaknesses of your case and will explain the legal issues, explain your options and describe how she thinks the case will unfold. She will also evaluate the benefits and costs of a settlement compared to a trial. Due to her unique experience, she will also evaluate whether you may be facing criminal exposure related to your business dispute. Either way, you will be able to make informed decisions about your case and how to proceed based upon your unique situation.
Attorney Candice Fields is a results-oriented lawyer. Rather than undertaking needless efforts and running up billable hours, she believes in immediately getting to the central questions in every case. Her goal is to obtain the best outcome for the client while always considering the financial tension between litigation and settlement.
- Litigation avoidance: Even in the most experienced hands, litigation is best avoided. She takes great care to look for alternative methods for obtaining the desired outcome without filing a lawsuit, potentially preserving her clients’ valuable relationships in the process.
- Pre-litigation: If a lawsuit must be filed, the work done prior to filing can set the stage for success. She carefully prepares every case she files on behalf of her clients.
- Settlement: Attorney Candice Fields is well-versed in strategies to compel resolution of a case through settlement that meets the clients’ needs while avoiding the expense and risks associated with a trial.
- Arbitration and mediation: These alternatives to trial may be required by contract in some cases. Attorney Candice Fields is skilled in navigating through arbitration and mediation.
- Trial: If a trial becomes necessary, she will make full use of her procedural and argumentation skills to win her client’s case.
- Appeals: Attorney Candice Fields is able to handle appeals of clients’ cases, as well as cases initially tried by other attorneys.